Our Boston based client is looking for a Cash Applications Specialist!
Do you enjoy problem-solving? Do you enjoy being accurate and thorough in your work? As a Cash Applications Specialist, you will apply payments quickly and accurately to ensure correct invoicing, delinquency reporting, and timely late charge posting.
- Process Lockbox remittances/receipts
- Process Claims and Underwriting (commission and return premium) payments.
- Process Dividends (reports, checks, research, escheatment)
- Issue and mail floating cash notices for outstanding checks
- Process checks for new business premium
- Prepare monthly journal entries to the General Ledger.
- Assist in implementation and ongoing evaluation of all accounting systems.
- Assist in various accounting projects.
- Provides information and assistance as required by internal and external auditors.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with at least 2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience/training.
- Strong problem resolution skills. Ability to work individually or with a team to identify and define problems
- Experience with accounting software systems, treasury systems, and check writing systems.
- Strong analytical and computer skills including Microsoft Excel and SharePoint