$16 an hour!
The Culinary Technician assists the Culinary team in the assembly and preparation of existing product samples, new product samples, and recipe enhancement of existing products. Additionally, the Culinary Technician collects product data to ensure specification compliance, product optimization and overall meal quality. The Culinary Technician is also responsible for managing the Test Kitchen space and any associated activities or events.
- Support product evaluations through product preparation and documentation.
- Execute and prepare prototype samples based on formulations provided.
- Ensures proper labeling or development product samples and production product samples; receives incoming samples and ships outgoing samples.
- Maintains the Culinary test kitchen, keeping the equipment, work surfaces, inventory and general work areas clean and well organized.
- Assist Executive Chef in the preparation of new recipes, current product enhancements, product matching, and any other recipes that must be updated/changed.
- Collect meal component data during production to validate specification compliance; verify data accuracy and through repetitive testing.
- Support production through product preparation and documentation of requested ingredients and meal components; validate component quantities as needed Implement and perform scientific and analytical testing in a manufacturing environment to optimize recipe performance and production efficiencies.
- Audit weight and yield compliance throughout production areas.
- Ensure quality, safety, product specifications and good manufacturing processes (GMPs) are followed
- Comply with FDA, USDA and HACCP standards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Physical Activities: • Ability to taste, smell and see well enough to discriminate quantity and quality of individual flavor components
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach, push, pull, bend and twist.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, move up and down stairs; occasionally push, pull, move, lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Visually inspects equipment and locates merchandise and other objects.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Read information, often in small print.
- Enter and locate information on a computer system or communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Works in active kitchen areas with hot equipment and perishable food products.
- Food preparation, food handling and cooking required.
- Must have serious passion for cooking delicious, healthy food.
- Must have high standards for food quality and customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of high-volume kitchen logistics.
- 1-2+ years’ experience in food manufacturing and/or large volume food service production.
- Culinary Degree, Culinology Degree or equivalent background and experience Certifications a plus, but not required.
- High school diploma required.
- Meticulous attention to detail including strong analytical, writing, math, and communication skills.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in pilot plant or manufacturing environment.
- Comfortable in a kitchen environment.
- Basic understanding of food safety; ServSafe or similar preferred.
- Organizational & project management skills.