Up to $120K!
The Controller is responsible for the financial reporting, integrity and operational controls at the property while maintaining an open line of communication to the Management Company, President and the respective General Manager. Works in coordination with and reports on all aspects of hotel accounting, to include general ledger reconciliation, monthly and quarterly sales tax filing, timely monthly financials, balance sheet analysis, and year-end closings as well as all policy, procedure and internal control compliance. Complies with all federal, state, and local regulations, while safeguarding the owners/investors assets and focusing on the profitability of the business.
A successful candidate will have experience with:
- Oversee all accounting functions to ensure accuracy of financial reports/statements.
- Prepare, inspect and reconcile month-end general ledger entries and all balance sheet accounts as it pertains to the properties.
- Prepare and review schedules for all balance sheet accounts in accordance to the Corporate office and external Audit requirements.
- Food and Beverage accounting and analysis including
- Assist General Managers with month-end variances to budget relative to explanations as needed
- Assist with monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process for the resort
- Reconcile and / or review all assigned bank accounts (i.e., payroll, operating and escrow accounts) on a daily/monthly basis.
- Participate and /or ensure the integrity of daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly inventories.
- Ensure deposits (cash & credit card) are processed on a daily basis. Oversee monthly cash counts of general cashier and house banks at each property.
- Establish and maintain a credit policy and procedure that supports our collection goals for both the resort operations.
- Continually review and ensure compliance of all internal policies and procedures for each department within the resorts.
- Expedite special projects as requested within the time frame required.
- To communicate effectively with all departments.
- Maintain a positive guest and employee relations in a supportive environment.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and image of self and subordinates.
- 5-7 years accounting experience in a leadership role. Hospitality accounting experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and income audit required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Microsoft Office with a strong proficiency in Excel
- Analyze all financial performance by department to identify potential financial issues and controls.
- Digital Point of Sale System
- Analyze a problem and reach sound conclusions in an expedited manner to their staff, other team leaders, and ownership
- Maintains strict confidentiality with financial and personnel information.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing effectively with employees, vendors, and department leaders in a calm and clear matter to meet expectations and work collaboratively.