· Prepares rough drafts, proofreads before finalizing legal documents.
· Open new file, perform conflict checks, and at attorneys request draft acknowledgment or engagement letter to client.
· Receive, screen and route incoming telephone calls, conference calls and messages to attorneys, clients and staff promptly. Assist callers as appropriate in attorney’s absence. Refer callers to other attorneys and respond to inquiries when appropriate.
· Maintains attorney calendar by denoting due dates for answers, depositions and other pleadings, hearings, trial calendars, etc.
· Closes and prepares files for storage.
· Coordinate mass mailings, including filings with the state and federal courts.
· Participates as a member of one or more strategic planning committees.
· Ensures exact compliance with client guidelines relating to preparation and mailing of cc/bcc, copying of documents, and other client requirements.
· Prepares files or assists paralegals in preparing files for upcoming hearings and depositions.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to anticipate needs of attorneys and paralegals.
· Strong technical aptitude. Intermediate Microsoft Word skills required. Advanced Microsoft Word skills preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and databases.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Business law or litigation experience is required.
· Law firm experience is required