Managing funding team who is responsible for reviewing and approving the documentation of loans for financing. Works closely with underwriters.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Review customer loan applications for compliance, policies, and requirements to decide to reject or approve customer loan.
- Ensure the accuracy of the system of record by ensuring that the data is entered is consistent and follows policy and procedure
- Manage relationships between vendors
- Manage issues related to pre-purchase collateral exceptions
- Manage post purchase research and adjustments
- Ensure the accurate assignment of servicing loan numbers and related servicing data
- Oversee vendor onboarding process including due diligence and compliance.
- Manage the delivery of all reporting both external and internal
- Manage daily service level expectations of the funding team
- Teamwork – Interactions with all functions within the company, ability to negotiate in the best interest of stakeholders’ overall position
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- BA in finance or accounting
- 1+ years of management/leadership experience
- Extensive experience with loan origination documentation
- Industry compliance knowledge
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Process Improvement and documentation skills
- Technologically savvy, with the ability to work in varied systems, Proficiency with Excel, loan origination systems, automated underwriting engines, electronic document management and other systems
- High attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical thinking ability, diplomacy, and professionalism