We are looking for a strategic VP of People whose primary focus will be building the People infrastructure that ensures hires, retains, and grows the best team in the world. In addition, this key leader will continue and expand on the work by the existing team to build a great company culture.
This is the first role of its kind and for this position to be successful, we need a leader who has seen world-class People operations at scale in an enterprise SaaS technology company, and has also experienced the pace and ambiguity of a growing startup. And, of course, we need passion for people. That said, this leader would be coming into a People function where a small but critical team already exists and where many core processes have been established.
In this role, you will drive a growing start-up from a People perspective. To do so, your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership: Act as a strategic thought-partner to the Executive Team. Attract and lead a world-class People team. Help develop a cohesive culture across a distributed workforce reinforcing values. Continuously mentor and train people managers to serve their teams and encourage openness and inclusivity.
- Execution: Oversee people operations, talent, learning and development and diversity and inclusion. Focus on organizational effectiveness in order to optimize for efficiency and growth. Identify, track, and analyze key metrics.
- Recruiting: Build & run a best in class recruiting engine through strategic talent planning, capacity and delivery design, sourcing strategies, candidate experience, and onboarding. Ensure the interview process works to screen, identify, attract and engage candidates who meet functional requirements but also aligned with our culture.
- Talent engagement: Engage talented employees wherever they are. Design onboarding, total rewards, recognition, team building, and communications programs that reinforce culture. Deliver on making employees feel that is the best professional experience of their lives.
- Talent development: Act as a thought-leader on all things people and culture while building a strong employer brand. Continue to develop a performance management system that encourages feedback, excellence and continuous professional development.
- Compliance: Identify and implement high performing HR tools while continuously iterating upon processes, technologies, and workflows. Ensure has best practices and controls around local labor law as needed. Manage all statutory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Strong presentation skills; having presented to Executives and Boards
- Possess a SPHR, SHRM-CP, or other HR certification
- Possess a Master’s in Human Resources Management, Labor Relations, or equivalent degree/major
- Previous experience working in enterprise SaaS companies
- Previous experience working in rapid growth startups. Ideally also have experience working at a larger company to see People at scale
- History of working or managing remote/distributed teams is ideal
- Experience executing strategic business initiatives across multiple stakeholders and teams
- Strong business acumen and mental agility to come up to speed quickly across our business and diverse departments
- Have a global mindset, with the ability to adapt to various people and cultures with a cohesive view in mind