Remote to start
Our client is looking for a Workday Payroll Specialist to join our expanding team, which is currently designing and deploying Workday to support the firm’s global Infrastructure and Technology teams. This person will be responsible for global Payroll system administration and maintenance, including business process configurations, technical application and system development, reporting, integrations, and data management. They will work closely with various members of the Payroll, HR, Finance and Tech teams, employees and Payroll system vendors to meet the Payroll technology needs of Jane Street.
Additional responsibilities of this role will include:
- Act as a primary contact for daily technical and operational support related to Workday Payroll.
- Assist with system queries and issue resolution related to Payroll, including payroll processing, pay component configurations, pay groups, general ledger, costing allocations, security rules, and reporting.
- Maintain system workflows and business process approval chains.
- Design, develop and maintain custom reports and dashboard capabilities to support questions and requests from the business.
- Establish appropriate auditing and monitoring data to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather business requirements, design and implement solutions, conduct testing, and ensure successful release and user adoption.
- Recommend improvement opportunities and continuously innovate across the Workday platform.
- Partner with technical counterparts and business experts to identify integrations that support automation of processes and data flow.
- Coordinating audit materials as required (i.e. workers compensation audit)
- Partnering with third party administrators, local to the region, providing monthly payroll changes, reviewing and approving payroll.
- Tracking allowances and annual data for small ex-pat population as required for tax equalization and year end payroll adjustments prepared by external tax consultants.
- Coordinating tax withholdings within region
- 2-5 years of Workday Payroll experience.
- Strong experience managing all aspects of Payroll operations for a large multi-company, multi-geo organization.
- Working knowledge of ADP and Workday Payroll, including the interfaces and touch points.
- Strong understanding of system design, configuration, and administration with a particular emphasis in Workday Payroll, Absence and Time tracking.